What is MCT oil Powder , Why should and How do we use it ?
MCT coconut oil India I MCT oil India
MCT Oil Powder : MCT oil is a powerful source of Energy because it helps make those ketones readily available for your body to use, making ketosis easier to achieve and maintain
Four Things to Know About MCT Oil Powder:
- Medium chain triglycerides (MCT) is a class of fats found in certain foods like coconuts.
- Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) are smaller fats that are more rapidly digested and used for energy & ketone production.
- Sharrets Nutritions MCT Oil (FAT) powder is made up of 7g of MCTs / Serving bound to Gum acacia fiber making them a great mixable option for adding to Coffee , shakes, smoothies, and many recipes ! Our Product is labelled 70% , meaning it contains a minimum 70% MCT oil . However it’s usually contains more than 70% MCT oil and upto 75% .
- Start with One-fourth serving of MCTs and work your way up to a full serving of 10gram , especially if you have never taken MCTs (Medium Chain Triglycerides) before.
What Exactly is MCT Oil Powder ?
MCT are also Known as Medium Chain Triglycerides or Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCFAs).
MCTs are “medium” because they only have six to ten carbon atoms (as opposed to LCTs i.e. long-chain triglycerides, which contain more than Twelve ).
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) are a form of saturated fatty acids and consist of 4 different types based on their carbon length. Medium Chain Triglycerides are the ideal source of energy because they don’t rely on other enzymes for absorption in our body.
MCT oil is produced from pure Medium Chain Triglycerides extracted from whole foods, usually coconut and /or palm oil.
NOTE: Sharrets MCT oil Powder is derived from coconut, not palm oil.
They are the much faster source of energy than most fats, making them the ultimate keto friendly fat source.Instead of Glucose (from Carbs ) When our body uses ketones as its main source of fuel , it can enter and remain in a state of ketosis.
MCT oil is a powerful source of Energy because it helps make those ketones readily available for your body to use, making ketosis easier to achieve and maintain.
Unlike most other foods, the 2 MCTs ( Caprylic & Capric) used in MCT oil are swiftly absorbed and metabolized as energy in our body, making them the perfect fuel. Because MCTs are efficiently burned, saturated fats and MCT oil in particular have two positive effects on weight:
- No fat storage. Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) don’t get stored as fat in our body ; they are all turned into ketones.
- Higher calorie burn. Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) have a thermogenic effect (burning calories to create heat) . This fat-burning process results in a boost of metabolism .
Why MCT oil can be burned as fuel so effectively : There are Four reasons ?
- Medium Chain Triglycerides reaches our liver quickly. MCTs don’t have to go through peripheral tissues first, like long-chain triglycerides (LCTs) do.
- Medium Chain Triglycerides don’t have to be broken down into smaller molecules. Unlike long-chain triglycerides , the body can absorb Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCFA) more efficiently due to the size of their carbon bonds.
- Medium Chain Fatty Acids or MCTs cross the double membrane of the mitochondria quickly.
- Medium Chain Triglycerides don’t need the presence of an enzyme called carnitine to be converted to energy, like Long Chain Triglycerides do.
Medium Chain Triglycerides can be quickly converted into ketones because they need fewer steps to be metabolized in our cells. MCT oil provides the most effective Medium Chain Triglycerides that turn into energy faster.
Consuming MCT oil (like Sharrets MCT Oil Powder) has been shown to…
Raise the metabolic rate at which our body functions — leading to greater weight loss & health outcomes.
Help keep a healthy balance of Gastro Intestinal flora and improve the absorbability of nutrients. [Ref:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1170544]Have a strong blood sugar stabilizing effect that may help reduce inflammation and improve brain function .
Why MCT Oil Powder ?
Both MCT oil & MCT Powder forms are available and forms of MCTs are a great source of clean & sustainable energy, but MCT oil powder is easier on the digestive system therefore it is recommended for the beginners.
- MCT oil powder is Convenient to use . We can pack it in smaller containers and take it to the office or Gym without the risk of it spilling. MCT oil Powder is considerably lighter.
- MCT Powder is Flexible. MCT oil Powder can be effortlessly mixes into drinks and is easy to combine with other Dietary supplements such as exogenous ketones or a collagen supplement.
- MCT Powder is Easier on the digestive system. This allows us to consume more at once, which may lead to potentially higher energy and ketone levels and a decreased potential for disaster pants. A preliminary study on animals also suggests that Medium Chain Triglycerides in the powder form could improve nutrient digestibility [https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4092986/].
- MCT Powder is Great to cook with. Instead of Oil, Powder form of MCT is easier to incorporate into some recipes – especially baking !
Moreover good quality MCT Powder Like Sharrets MCT Oil Powder contains Probiotic Fiber like Acacia. It may normalize bowel movements, reduce inflammation in our gut, and provide us with satiety , which may support weight loss efforts.
How to Use MCT Oil Powder ?
MCT Oil Powder creates a creamy texture to the foods & beverages you mix it into, so MCT Powder is a must-try in baking recipes, smoothies, and hot drinks like tea or bulletproof Coffee .
Since it is in Powder form , therefore It’s also easy to travel with. Usually , coconut oil, coconut-derived products, and palm oil have higher concentrations of lauric acid than Caprylic (C8) or Capric (C10) acid , while the products of Dairy have relatively low concentrations of lauric acid and more Caprylic and Capric acid. But it’s difficult to get enough Medium Chain Triglycerides from food , so it’s easier to take it in the form of Supplements.
How Often Should I take MCT Powder ?
If you are a beginner and new to MCT oil, start off with small quantity . Begin with a ½ scoop a day and gradually increase your intake to get your body accustomed to the Medium Chain Triglycerides .
If you take too much MCT oil all at once without allowing your body to ease into it, you may GI upset.
Once your body begins to adjust to the metabolization process, then you can increase to a Two servings a day or however you may require . As MCT OIL POWDER is tasteless , Odorless and flavorless , it can be added to almost anything. MCT oil powder or MCT oil is perfect in your morning coffee, salads, or they can be added into your protein shakes. Your Day just got amazing with MCTs.
Just 1 Serving (10g) of MCT oil Powder contains only 70 calories and 7 grams of fat, so add to a meal or beverage any time you need an extra fat boost in your day.
How Much MCT Oil Powder Should I Take per Day?
MCT oil Powder is a dietary Supplement and is generally safe & doesn’t have any adverse effects.
After your body goes through an adjustment period, you will experience the benefits of MCT Oil Powder by taking one -two servings per day.
Studies hasn’t yet found a lethal dose for MCT oil, even when they have fed rats a dose equivalent to 1.7 cups of MCT oil for a Seventy kilogram person [ https://examine.com/supplements/mcts/#ref6] - but that doesn’t mean you should consume your whole tub in a week. Stick to One- two Servings per day per day.
When Should You Take MCT ?
There is no Caffeine or Other Stimulants in MCT oil powder , so you can take MCT at any time of the day, but here’s when many Keto-ers use it for the best effects:
MCT oil Powder Recipes.
Who Should Use MCT Oil Powder?
Women vs. Men
MCT Oil Powder does not discriminate by gender.
In fact, a double-blind study published in the Journal of Nutrition shows that Medium Chain Triglycerides may suppress the accumulation of body fat in both healthy women & men. [https://academic.oup.com/jn/article/131/11/2853/4686757 ].
Another study published in the Journal of Nutrition shows that consumption of Medium Chain Triglycerides in overweight men may lead to improvements in overall lipid profiles — specifically showing increases in Bad Cholesterol (LDL) particle size (the big “fluffy” LDLs that are associated with decreased cardiovascular risk) [https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12771322]
And for the women, a study conducted by the School of Dietetics & Human Nutrition in Quebec shows that overweight women consuming Medium Chain Triglycerides may improve their overall cardiovascular risk profile [https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12800105].
Is MCT Oil Powder is Vegetarian/ Vegan Friendly ?
Sharrets MCT Oil Powder is 100% from the Coconut Source and is Vegan & vegetarian friendly, as no animal products are used in the production of the supplement.
During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding , is MCT oil Powder is Safe ?
There are currently no known studies on the effects of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT oil) on Pregnant or breastfeeding women . Therefore before taking any supplement , please consult your healthcare Professional.
How Does MCT Oil Powder Affect Ketosis and Blood Glucose ?
As stated above, Medium Chain Triglycerides helps make ketones readily available for our body, so ketosis is easy to achieve and maintain.
Additionally, 1 serving contains 0 sugar, 1 gm of carbs , and 1 gm of dietary fiber, meaning it does not affect blood sugars, and has the added benefit of having no NET carbs.
More Information About MCT Oil Powder
The Science Behind MCT Oil: Know all about MCT oil , the Ultimate Energy Source. https://sharrets.com/blogs/news/know-all-about-mct-oil-i-the-science-behind-mct-oil