SHARRETS PROPYLENE GLYCOL (PG) USP / EP / FCC
32 oz. [For Excipient use] .
SHARRETS PG USP/EP/FCC is a clear, colorless, practically odorless, slightly viscous, water-soluble and hygroscopic liquid with low vapour pressure . It offers excellent stability and versatility as a food additive in a wide variety of direct and indirect food-processing applications.
As an ideal carrier of flavoring compounds, it incorporates taste into your food and beverages. With its inherent affinity for both water- and oil-based compounds, it allows food to keep its uniform coloring and appearance without affecting other product characteristics.
√ HIGHEST QUALITY: HIGHEST INDUSTRY PURITY AT A MINIMUM OF 99.8% . EXCEEDS USP MONOGRAPH INCLUDING NON-DETECTABLE MEG & DEG (,0.08%). PG USP/EP has a low acute oral toxicity and is designated as GRAS . Low skin irritation potential and low toxicity . PG USP/EP is manufactured and distributed in compliance with current IPEC and ANSI GMP /GDP requirements.
√ MULTITUDE OF USES: Do-it-all product with several cosmetic, food, pharmaceutical, skin and hair care, & industrial applications.
√ HYDRATING PROPERTIES: An amazing moisturizer and emulsifier for personal care and pharmaceutical products - deodorant, shampoo and hair products, acne cleanser, lotion, and more.
√ EXCELLENT SOLVENT: Due to its water soluble properties, it's a great solvent for wax, oil, and fats.
√ COMPATIBLE SOLVENT: Pairs perfectly with our Food Grade USP Vegetable glycerin .
SHARRETS PG is an important ingredient for a multitude of uses, including:
- Solvent in pharmaceutical preparations
- Solvent for aromatics in the flavor-concentrate industry
- Solvent and coupling agent in the formulation of sun screen, lotion, shampoos, shaving creams and other similar products
- Very effective humectant, preservative and stabilizer in semi-moist pet food (with the exception of cat food), bakery goods, food flavorings and salad dressings
- Carrier, emollient, dispersant, coupling agent and co-emulsifier, emulsion stabilizer or viscosity modifier
- Humectant due to their hygroscopic nature and ability to attract and hold water
- Preservative due to inherent antimicrobial activity against a wide range of bacterial and fungal species
Store in a well ventilated, cool, dry area. Keep out of reach of children.
Caution : Although Propylene glycol is environment friendly , proper precautions must be given when handling . Propylene glycol can cause central nervous system effects under excessive ingestion. If inhaled no significant adverse effects are expected under anticipated condition of normal use. Can cause slight flaking , tenderness and softening of skin under repeated or prolonged exposure . Can cause minor eye irritation . Sharrets Nutritions disclaim any liability for misuse of this product . Product pictures are for illustrative purpose only and may vary from the original packing.